python 2.7 marked as deprecated and EOL while 2.7.18 RC is available

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Sat Apr 18 22:57:33 UTC 2020

## Christoph Moench-Tegeder (cmt at burggraben.net):

> > > Again, vtk6...
> > I just committed a switch to VTK-8.1.
>
> Cool!

Hmpf - now I _had_ to fix FreeCAD - that thing has it's own dependency
on vtk, and we cannot have vtk6 and vtk8 at the same time.

> Looks like vtk8 need some love... building as I write.

Either
 - math/vtk8 should convert the QT5_USE of qmake_build and
   buildtools_build to qmake and buildtools, respectively
Or
  - every consumer of math/vtk8 (I'm talking about opencascade here)
    needs to QT5_USE qmake_build and buildtools_build.

vtk8's CMake-Files reference Qt and are very unhappy if they don't
have qmake and moc.

Regards,
Christoph

--