qemu error on startup

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sun Sep 22 10:31:53 UTC 2019

Hello,

context:
12.1-PRERELEASE r352514 amd64
qemu-user-static-2.11.50.g20190730

I have a rc.conf line like this:
qemu_user_static_enable=YES

when my machine boots, I see this before the login prompt:

/etc/rc: interpreter /usr/local/bin/qemu-riscv64-static not found, cannot
register.

Yes, it's not found (because it's not there) but the issue for me
is why it's looking for riscv64 in the first place

binmiscctl list or binmiscctl lookup does not show it in its list either
activated or disabled. I don't know a lot about qemu, just use it when cross
compiling with poudriere-devel. Other than this message at bootup, it works
fine (the only other arches I x-compile to are arm*)

How can I fix?

thanks,
--
J.