FLAVORS for Ruby

Koichiro Iwao meta at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 14 04:27:46 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 09:33:43AM -0600, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Systems MUST be able to support concurrent installations of python2.7
> and actual python. What is your use case for concurrent ruby?

I know the importance of Python 2. Even if it is EoL-ed, it will be
required over the next a few years because not a few applications don't
migrate to Python 3. So that's true and reasonable.

Excuse me that I'm answering your question with a question. What about
PHP? Concurrent installation is a MUST?

FreeBSD ports allows concurrent installations of multiple Ruby versions
however doesn't allow concurrent installations of rubygems for multiple
Ruby versions. This inconsistency is the issue for me.

--
meta <meta at FreeBSD.org>