dos2unix patch?

Koichiro Iwao meta at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 13 06:56:05 UTC 2019

Finally I decided to manage all ports patches in my GitHub fork.

I describe current status of the port:

- Upstream source is CRLF
- patches in FILESDIR are LF because CRLF patches in svn repo should be
  marked as binary
- To apply these patches, convert to LF using USE=dos2unix

I believe this is common technique and now a few numbers of ports do so.
The problem is adding a backport patch from upstream. I pick a git
commit from upstream and add to PATCHFILES. Patching is done after
dos2unix. Applying upstream patch to dos2unix-ed source will fail.

So I wanted to apply CRLF patch before dos2unix, apply LF patches after
dos2unix but current ports framework cannot do such hack.  Finally
I quit mixing CRLF patchs and LF patches. I commit ports patches to
my GitHub fork of upstream product and fetch from there. This does not
cause line-ending mismatch.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 02:23:58PM +0900, Koichiro Iwao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to run dos2unix to patches fetched from PATCH_SITES?
> or how can I change order of patch and dos2unix.
>
> I would like to apply dos2unix-ed patches to dos2unix-ed source.
> Alternatively, applying patch first and then running dos2unix on
> patched-source is OK to me.
>
> Patches fetched from PATCH_SITES have .patch suffix so I added *.patch
> to DOS2UNIX_GLOB but it didn't work.
>
> USES= dos2unix
> DOS2UNIX_GLOB= *.c *.h
>
> --