Is IPV6 option still necessary?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Oct 9 00:58:28 UTC 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Wolfgang Zenker wrote:

> So, you don't *need* IPv6. But you might *want* to have it anyway.

In my 40+ years career I've only encountered one (1) client that ran IPv6
internally (oddly enough, a law firm) and that was by management decree,
not the tehchies' (come to think of it, I don't think they *had* a techie
department).  Roll the lawyer jokes...

My router tries IPv6 first, but inevitably falls back to IPv4; IPv6 is a
camel i.e. a horse designed by a committee.

If you've ever tried to grok the IPv6 spec, your brain will explode...

-- Dave