Mysterious python detection failure in science/tfel

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 27 07:44:24 UTC 2019

Hi ports developers;

In order to get the tfel port updated I got an issue with the python
detection in CMake:

In the tfel port Makefile we used to have this:

PYTHON_CMAKE_ARGS=    `-Denable-python=ON -Denable-python-bindings=ON`

portlint suggested using CMAKE_ON and according to the documentation the
way to go is this:

PYTHON_CMAKE_ON=    enable-python enable-python-bindings

This works for other options but doesn't enable python on the port. It
looks like the PYTHON_CMAKE_ARGS option doesn't work anymore either.
However using this works:
PYTHON_CMAKE_ON=    -Denable-python=ON -Denable-python-bindings=ON

I am rather perplex since this isn't the way its supposed to work(?). I
reported the issue upstream and while the author uses FreeBSD 12, he
doesn't have issues building with python support.

Is there a way to see the command line the port is sending to build the
port? Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro.