Adding FLAVORS to lua-luarocks

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 6 08:56:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 09:43:48PM -0800, Russell Haley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a review for updating the Lua package manager - LuaRocks - it to the
> latest revision, 3.2.1. The new port file uses an update to lua.mk from
> Andrew Gierth for using FLAVORS to support all available versions of Lua.
> The reviews are here:  (LuaRocks) https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17814 and
> here: (Lua.mk) https://reviews.freebsd.org/D16494
>
> In the LuaRocks port, I've added the flavors as a selection of port OPTIONS
> to build the correct version. Unfortunately, using the OPTIONS isn't ideal
> because it will save the selected option for the next time the port is run,
> but that's not the desired use case. I wanted the build to *always* prompt
> for a Lua version so it can be used for multiple side by side Lua
> installations.
>
> Any suggestions, alternatives to OPTIONS or other constructive input would
> be appreciated.

If the lua.mk ever get the support for flavors committed in, there is no need to
add any option framework or whatever to allow the user to pickup a flavor.

if someone $ants to only build for a given flavor he will have to just to run:
make FLAVOR=lua52

if building from poudriere:
poudriere bulk devel/lua-rocks at lua52

Best regards,