games/dMagnetic: A new Port (Need help)

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Wed May 29 17:35:20 UTC 2019

On 20/05/2019 07:14, dettus wrote:
> Hello.

> should), I uploaded the port to my website.
> Please download it at
> http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic/freebsd_games_dMagnetic.tar.gz
> sha256:
> df886bd85e30dc983ae7ab8d441db779355c63fe14c2117797c9889f23a9a00a,
> size=987 bytes.
>

> Thomas Dettbarn
>
> On 5/20/19 4:17 AM, dettus wrote:
>> Hello.
>>

>> My name is Thomas Dettbarn. Two of my projects editors/dhex and
>> games/nInvaders have already found their way into the FreeBSD ports.
>> Currently, I am working on dMagnetic, A Magic Scrolls Interpreter.
>> This one lets you play classic text adventures such as "The Pawn" or
>> "The Guild of Thieves" in a terminal. (As well as "Fish!", "Myth",
>> "Corruption", "Jinxter" and "Wonderland")
>>
>> You can see some of the BEAUTIFUL screenshots on my website:
>> http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic. Please have a look.
>>

>> For this, I created the inkling of an already working FreeBSD port.
>> You should find it attached to this email.
>>
>> Since I primarily see myself as a "developer", rather than a
>> "maintainer", I would like to hand this one of to someone more
>> experienced.
>> Plus, I had some issues when I tried adding extra files such as the
>> README.txt or an .ini file to the do-install target.
>>

>> so, please please help me out here guys! It would be an honor.
>>

>> Thomas Dettbarn

Hi Thomas,

Is the intention of your email to find someone willing to add the games
to ports? If yes, could mich, the current maintainer of your game (CC'd)
be a good first contact?

Also, not sure how much traffic is on freebsd-games at freebsd.org but that
might be another option when trying to find a maintainer.

GrzegorzJ