Reinstalling with dependencies

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 22 11:51:03 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:43:33PM +0100, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
> Is there any way to reinstall a package with all its dependencies?
>

> I am getting the following error:
>
> root at someserv:~ # pkg check -d
> Checking all packages: 100%
> elinks is missing a required shared library: libjs.so

2 reasons may happen for that to happen:
1/ spidermonkey17 does not have a proper SONAME for the libjs.so file it
provides (bug 1)
2/ somehow the linked port seems to not register properly spidermonkey17 as a
direct dependency of elinks when the option is checked (bug 2)

I have checked the case 1 and yes libjs.so is buggy I haven't yet checked the
case 2, but I quite sure there is a bug there as well, resulting in a package
that does not have the proper dependencies registered at the creation

Best regards,
Bapt