Samba dump (useless) core

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sun May 19 18:05:09 UTC 2019

On 5/18/19 4:14 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I'm not saying it's solved, however, since these dumps in the past have
> stopped appearing several times, and later started happening again; so
> I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Ok, so new dumps have allowed to better pinpoint where the overflow
happens and write a 20 line C program to deterministically reproduce the
problem.

This is *NOT* in Samba code, but in FreeBSD base system!

So the next question: I would like to step into libc (or other base
libraries) functions with GDB. How do I do that?

I have src and debug libraries installed, e.g.
/usr/lib/debug/lib/libc.so.7.debug.
GDB sees those files, but still won't step into them.

Also, if I issue "file /usr/lib/debug/lib/libc.so.7.debug", I get
"/usr/lib/debug/lib/libc.so.7.debug: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), corrupted program header size, with
debug_info, not stripped".
Is that "corrupted program header size" normal?

  bye & Thanks
	av.