devel/ccache update and circular dependancies

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sun May 19 09:53:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

With the update of devel/ccache to 3.7.1 (which includes a dependancy
on gmake), I'm seeing the following error when using synth to upgrade
my local ports:

9:33pm# synth status
Querying system about current package installations.
Stand by, comparing installed packages against the ports tree.

devel/yajl scan aborted because a circular dependency on devel/ccache
was detected.
... backtrace devel/gettext-runtime
... backtrace devel/gmake
... backtrace devel/ccache
... backtrace devel/ninja
... backtrace devel/yajl
Unfortunately, the system upgrade failed.

I can't figure out the reason for this error, as I don't see the
relationship between ninja and ccache. Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>