=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_Is_there_a_way_to_build_only_the_port_from_source, _and_ins?= tall dependencies from packages with the make command?

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Wed May 1 15:48:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019, at 21:17, Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:36 PM Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
>
> > Sometimes instructions to build some port from source are needed. "cd
> > /usr/ports/{caregory}/{port-name} && make" rebuilds everything from
> > source, including dependencies.
> >
> > Is there an easy way to make it install missing dependencies with pkg,
> > without listing them? I couldn't find such feature.

from within the appropriate port directory:

function make-depends --description 'installs runtime and buildtime dependencies for a given port'
	sudo pkg install -r FreeBSD --automatic (make build-depends-list run-depends-list | sed -E -e 's,^.+/([^/]+/[^/]+$),\1,')
end

function make-pkg --description 'test port build locally'
    make clean \
    check-sanity \
    fetch makesum checksum \
    extract patch \
    configure build \
    stage stage-qa \
    check-orphans \
    check-plist \
    package \
    && find /tmp/usr/ports -name \*.txz -type f
end

I use these locally while working on ports - should work similar for you too.

A+
Dave