Can't compile www/node on rpi2

Bradley T. Hughes bhughes at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 26 11:22:22 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-26 03:14, bob prohaska wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:23:26PM +0100, Bradley T. Hughes wrote:
>> Hi Bob!
>>
>> On 2019-03-23 22:39, bob prohaska wrote:
>>> Recent attempts to compile www/node using 11-Stable on an rpi2
>>> fail with
>>> ../src/node_file.cc:2023:15: error: use of undeclared identifier 'uv_fs_lchown'
>>>                 uv_fs_lchown, *path, uid, gid);
>>>                 ^
>>> ../src/node_file.cc:2029:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'uv_fs_lchown'
>>>                uv_fs_lchown, *path, uid, gid);
>>> followed by many more errors in the same vein.
>>
>> I build www/node on i386, amd64, and arm64 before committing version
>
> Not sure it matters, but this is armv7 on a Pi2, not arm64.

It shouldn't matter, but it's impossible to be 100% sure it will work
since I don't explicitly test it.

>> bumps in the hopes that I can build failures like this. I haven't seen
>> this one before, though, but from the error, I have to ask which version
>> of devel/libuv you have installed? If you don't have the latest, can yo
>> upgrade devel/libuv first and try again?
>>
> Looks like the existing version of libuv was libuv-1.20.3, now it's
> up to libuv-1.27.0 but not still fails to build:
>
> In file included from ../src/node_http2.cc:5:
> ../src/node_http2.h:707:15: error: unknown type name 'nghttp2_origin_entry'; did you mean
>        'nghttp2_settings_entry'?
>    void Origin(nghttp2_origin_entry* ov, size_t count);
>                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[snip]

Looks like you need to upgrade www/libnghttp2 as well. :)

> Thanks for reading, I'd be pleased to try any experiments suggested.

In general, www/node requires that all dependencies are up-to-date. The
port doesn't explicitly list minimum versions of its dependencies, but I
am beginning to think that it should (this is not the first time I have
seen this kind of problem).

Good luck, let me know if you still have problems after making sure
everything is up-to-date. :)

--
Bradley T. Hughes
bhughes at freebsd.org