Django versions

Charlie Li ml+freebsd at vishwin.info
Thu Mar 7 07:32:34 UTC 2019

On 07/03/2019 01:55, Craig Leres wrote:
> I'm working on a port for mailman 3. I want to use django 2.1 because
> that's what I'm using on the systems I'm currently running mailman 2 on
> you can't really run different version of django on the same system).
> But it turns out a lot of ports have RUN_DEPENDS for www/py-django111.

I've been working on mail/mailman3 for over a year now (holy crap),
which is still in phab as D14126. It is only the core engine however.

Upstream Mailman have architected things such that anything outside of
the core engine are officially optional. Thus, it is probably best to
have the other parts, like the Django-consuming parts, as their own
ports, like mail/mailman3-portorius and mail/mailman3-hyperkitty.

--
Charlie Li
…nope, still don't have an exit line.