FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 15:55:30 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 11:22 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder
<cmt at burggraben.net> wrote:

> The main question is why it detects Coin as "-lCoin", which can't
> be found by the linker without a matching "-L/usr/local/lib" (it's
> ok when Coin is linked as just "/usr/local/lib/libCoin.so").
> There may be some hints in cmake's somewhat more verbose output
> in work/.build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log (and CMakeError.log).
> I would suspect something in your environment (LDFLAGS? picked
> up different linker between configure and build stages?)
>
> Anyways, I gave up on this (there are too many variables and I
> still cannot reproduce this in clean environments, whatever I do
> Coin is picked up as expected).
> As a possible workaround I forced "-L/usr/local/lib" into LDFLAGS -
> looks like the linker invocation should now work in your case.

updated the ports tree again, and tried upgrading the FreeCAD port,
but the build fails as before.
I've put the build output and CMakeOutput.log (there is no
CMakeError.log) at
https://sites.google.com/site/tingox/asus_m5a78l_usb3_freebsd
in case it helps.

I'm not sure what in my environment the port build could pick up. I
have nothing in /etc/make.conf, and no src.conf on this machine.
Perhaps it is picking up something from /usr/local/FreeCAD? Except
that there isn't a libcoin there.

HTH
--
Regards,