.build directory for cmake (was: freebsd-ports Digest, Vol 836, Issue 1)

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Mon Jun 3 15:58:36 UTC 2019

On 6/3/19 8:18 AM, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday, 3 June 2019 14:00:01 CEST freebsd-ports-request at freebsd.org wrote:
>> From: Gary Aitken <freebsd at dreamchaser.org>
>>
>> I'm trying to port some linux code which uses cmake, and clearly don't
>> know what I'm doing.
>>
>> I have
>>     USES=  cmake
>> set, but a
>>     make build
>> terminates with:
>>     cd: /usr/ports/cad/prusa-slicer/work/.build: No such file or directory
>>
>> What am I missing?  I presume the .build directory should be automatically
>> created by the build process.
>
> Are you sure that the configure step is completing succesfully? You'd have to
> take a look in WRKDIR (e.g. try WRKDIR=/tmp/bare make configure ) to see what
> it's created exactly and where -- if anywhere -- the build-dir has ended up.
>
> I know I've run into this same problem with cmake-based ports, but I don't
> remember what I did to resolve it. Feel free to pop into #kde-freebsd on
> Freenode IRC to bounce ideas off the FreeBSD devel/cmake maintainers.

Thank you, that was a big help.
There was a .configure_done.prusa-slicer._usr_local but no .build
subdirectory.  If I remove the .configure_done and do a make configure
it correctly creates the .build subdir and populates it, but due to an
error it doesn't complete and so leaves no .configure_done.

So... I can continue work from here, thanks.
What's not clear is how the .configure_done got written in the first place;
I can't reproduce it.

Thanks,

Gary