Postgres 12 Beta not found in Ports

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sun Jul 21 21:08:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 08:14, Basil.Bourque <basil.bourque at gmail.com> wrote:

> When using the  Searching FreeBSD Ports
> <https://www.freebsd.org/ports/searching.html>   page, I find the current
> release of PostgreSQL 11.4:
>
> >postgresql11-server-11.4
>
> >https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/postgresql11-server
>
> But I cannot find either Beta 1 or Beta 2 of Postgres 12.  Beta 2 was
> released <https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1949/>   2019-06-20.
>
> ➥ Are public beta versions not routinely included in the Ports tree?

For Postgresql, only released versions are included in the Ports tree.
In fact, while ports are generally up to date, most of them only track
released versions.

> ➥ If not, by what route should I go to obtain such a beta version?

You could try building it from source yourself, but I would personally
wait the few months for the release version to come out.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>