vim - GTK2 or GTK3?

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Tue Jan 1 20:07:42 UTC 2019

I'm curious whether the default Vim port should use GTK2 or GTK3 as
its UI toolkit, but I use neither so I need input from people here.

Right now it defaults to GTK2, but I'm suspecting that more people use
GTK3 these days. I haven't run X in about 10 years, so I don't really
know one way or the other. If anybody on this list has thoughts about
GTK2 vs GTK3 (or something else!) as the default, I'd love to hear it.

The Vim choices are currently a mess, but it'll get better once
subpackages land.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger