FAudio port required for next version of Wine

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Feb 26 19:51:48 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

the next version of Wine (incl. the next bi-weekly snapshot) is
going to have a dependency on a new package, FAudio:

    https://github.com/FNA-XNA/FAudio/

That's a C99 library which builds with CMake and depends only on
SDL2 (ideally 2.0.9). There are special build options available
though the default is recommended for general use.

    https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2019-February/140206.html

I've been advised that packaging FAudio should be similar to
openal-soft and work well on 64- as well as 32-bit systems.

Can one of you please help and package/maintain this, please?

Thanks,
Gerald

PS: I have not been using FreeBSD on a desktop for some 15 years and
zero expertise around sound, plus lack time, so really need help.