www/webkit-gtk2 deprecation?

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Mon Feb 25 10:33:27 UTC 2019

## Jonathan Chen (jonc at chen.org.nz):

> I notice that www/webkit-gtk2 has just been marked as FORBIDDEN and
> DEPRECATED. While I'm usually for putting down unmaintained ports,
> this particular port is a dependancy for java/eclipse.

And for more, e.g. x11-toolgits/wxgtk30 (with default OPTIONS).
Removing the old webkit-gtk versions is a worthy goal, but doing
than on such a short notice (and with FORBIDDEN) creates a rather
large breakage. (But it sure gets people's attention, I give you that).

I second the motion to postpone the removal of the old webkits, and
maintainers of affected ports should have some chance to fix their
dependencies.

Regards,
Christoph

--