net/xrdp: Issue(s) with Channels/Clipboard.

Janky Jay, III jankyj at unfs.us
Sun Feb 17 19:23:40 UTC 2019

Hello Meta,

On 2/16/19 6:37 PM, Koichiro Iwao wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:31:36AM -0700, Janky Jay, III wrote:
>> 	This also causes the connection to take 16 seconds to open XFCE4 once
>> it finally gives up on channels. I see 4 errors so I'm guessing there's
>> a 4 second timeout between attempts. Something similar to the
>> issue/recommendation reported at
>> https://github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp/issues/1288. I've tried the
>> recommended disallowing of channels to see if it would connect faster
>> but it does nothing. Still attempts the connections to "chansrv" and
>> takes 16 seconds.
> I don't think that is recommended in the upstream issue. Just he reporter
> tried as workaround. Who recommended? As commented in the ticket, disabling
> all channels don't stop connecting to chansrv. That's why *not to
> connect when all channels disabled* feature is suggedted.

    I should have worded that differently. I suppose "recommended" was
incorrect. It was just a thought to see whether or not
disable/re-enabling might give me more insight into what was happening
via the logs (I tried adding the DEBUG log line to sesman.ini as well
but there was no relevant information).

> I know some people have the same issue and already recoeded to upstream
> GH issue. Hang tight. If I need to know more detail of reproduction,
> I might ask you help.
>
> I also reproduce the issue but not 100%.

    Sounds good! I can reproduce 100% of the time on one system right
now so if there is anything I can do to help, I will certainly do that.
Thank you!

Regards,
Janky Jay, III