FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Fri Feb 15 17:51:18 UTC 2019

## ajtiM via freebsd-ports (freebsd-ports at freebsd.org):

>  Reading /usr/ports/accessibility/qt5-speech/work/qtspeech-everywhere-src-5.12.1/src/plugins/tts/speechdispatcher/speechdispatcher.pro
>   [/usr/ports/accessibility/qt5-speech/work/.build/src/plugins/tts/speechdispatcher]
>   Reading /usr/ports/accessibility/qt5-speech/work/qtspeech-everywhere-src-5.12.1/src/plugins/tts/flite/flite.pro
>   [/usr/ports/accessibility/qt5-speech/work/.build/src/plugins/tts/flite]
>   Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: multimedia *** Error code 3

1. that's qt5-speech, not FreeCAD
2. looks like a typical case of local contamination: the error happens
   in the flite plugin. The flite plugin is not build by default (at
   least, in the port), but it gets activated if the qt5-speech build
   (the qt5 side of that, not "our" build system) picks up a flite
   installation. And then it falls flat on it's face as the flite plugin
   required qt5-multimedia, but that's not declared as a dependency
   on qt5-speech.

Regards,
Christoph

--