FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Sat Feb 9 13:02:56 UTC 2019

## Torfinn Ingolfsen (tingox at gmail.com):

> Just checking: is anyone using FreeCAD 0.17 (cad/freecad) under FreeBSD at all?

I'm not a heavy CAD user, but FreeCAD as such is working.

> I installed it from ports, I'm running
> tingo at kg-core1$ uname -a
> FreeBSD kg-core1.kg4.no 11.2-STABLE FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE #0 r342545:

I'm on 12.0-STABLE, but that shouldn't matter that much.

> but the windows in FreeCAD have graphics corruption all over them,
> making it very hard to use.

My first idea would be "something in your graphics/X11 stack".
I've got a nvidia card and I'm using x11/nvidia-driver (without
any special options and tricks, as far as I'm aware - not enough
time to follow all the new developments), which "just works": that
is web browsers, video playback and FreeCAD do not have any glitches
(at least I don't see any...).

Anyways, FreeCAD is still using Qt4, which is rather old... I'm
working on moving it to Qt5, to avoid deprecation in 6 weeks.
It's not 100% complete yet, but at least the widgets are looking
much nicer now :) Expect an update "soonish".

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space