fast aarch64 computer for creating a port?

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Tue Aug 20 10:08:55 UTC 2019

On 20.08.2019 14:44, Ronald Klop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a port for Mongodb 4.2. To aarch64 and amd64.
> Especially my RPI3 for aarch64 takes about 2 days to compile this. Does the FreeBSD community have a fast aarch64 machine I could use to do test work? Maybe some access to a jail could be provided.

When I was working with very slow MIPS32 hardware, I used qemu-user-static port that allows you
to use fast amd64 machine to build ports for MIPS32 as if it was real MIPS32 box but quicker. Very handy.
You just start it as you would start plain chroot command and voila.

mipsworld="/usr/obj/nanobsd.mips/_.w"
mount -t devfs devfs $mipsworld/dev
mount -t nullfs /usr/ports $mipsworld/usr/ports
chroot $mipsworld /usr/local/bin/qemu-mips-static /bin/sh -E

Give it a try.