Creation of a diff of a new port

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Tue Aug 6 23:49:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 10:31, Kralj Karlo <karlo at klarinet.osamsb.hr> wrote:

> I am trying to create a diff of a new port in order that I may submit the port.
> I believe to have followed the directions from the Porter's Handbook, but
> the result is not as I had expected.

You cannot update the subversion repository directly. Only committers
have access to the ports svn repo. For the rest of us, we create
context diffs that we submit to bugs.freebsd.org where committers
review and then possibly commit. For a brand new port, I would suggest
using use shar(1). Details can be found at:
  https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>