www/apache24 devel/apr1 LDAP and dependent ports

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 20 21:04:11 UTC 2019

On 20 Apr, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> context is poudriere 12-stable ports r499392
>
> Shouldn't the prescence of LDAP as an option in one port trigger that
> option to be enabled in a dependent port?
>
> LDAP is enabled in www/apache24. It fails to build giving this error:
>
> [00:00:22] =======================<phase: configure
>>============================
> [00:00:23] ===>  apache24-2.4.39 LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP requires APR-util
> to have LDAP
> [00:00:23] support built in. Please rebuild APR with LDAP support.
> [00:00:23] *** Error code 1
> [00:00:23]
> [00:00:23] Stop.
> [00:00:23] make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/apache24
> [00:00:39] =>> Cleaning up wrkdir
> [00:00:42] ===>  Cleaning for apache24-2.4.39
> [00:00:43] build of www/apache24 | apache24-2.4.39 ended at Sat Apr 20
> 07:46:05 BST 2019
> [00:00:43] build time: 00:00:42
> [00:00:43] !!! build failure encountered !!!
>
> I mean, I can "fix" this by running options for devel/apr1. But I
> thought the ports system was meant to take care of it? Am I wrong?

No, if you set an option for a port, it only affects that port.

Before I switched to poudriere, I used to set options on each port
individually, which got to be an unmaintainable mess.  Now I set the
options in the make.conf files that poudriere uses.  In this case, you
would put:
OPTIONS_SET=LDAP
in the make.conf file to set the option globally for all ports.  It is
also possible to set an option for only one port like this:
category_portname_SET=SOMEOPTION
Options can also be turned off by using UNSET instead of SET.

With poudriere it is also possible to build different collections of
ports with different options by using different make.conf files for
each.