dns/dsc on FreeBSD 11.2-p9 and 12.0

Philippe Maechler pmaechler-ml at glattnet.ch
Thu Apr 18 10:20:23 UTC 2019

Hello Kurt

Thank you for your reply and the check with poudriere

I tried building the port with portmaster and from the ports tree directly
with make, make install

portmaster build log: https://pastebin.com/6sKicyvB

from ports tree: https://pastebin.com/39g0U1a0

In 11.2 I had perl 5.26 and python2 installed --> dsc failed to build

I then upgraded to 12.0 default version in make.conf where set to python2
and perl 5.26 --> dsc failed to build

Now I removed the default_version tag in make.conf and upgraded perl to 5.28
and python to version 3

pmaechler at dns2:/usr/ports/dns/dsc # cat /etc/make.conf

#DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=perl5=5.28

pmaechler at dns2:/usr/ports/dns/dsc # freebsd-version

12.0-RELEASE-p3

pmaechler at dns2:/usr/ports/dns/dsc #

Best regards

--