python

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 11 07:29:11 UTC 2019

Am 11.04.19 um 00:03 schrieb ajtiM via freebsd-ports:
> Hi!
>
> With portmaster I try to update todays ports and python default is
> version 3.7 which is okay for me but not for hplip:
>  ===>>> All >>
> hplip-3.17.11_3 (5/43)
>
> ===>>> Returning to dependency check for print/hplip
> ===>>> Dependency check complete for print/hplip
>
> ===>>> All >> hplip-3.17.11_3 (5/43)
>
> ===>  hplip-3.17.11_4 FLAVOR is defined (to py27) while this port does
> not have FLAVORS..
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/print/hplip

This is a bad effect caused by the removal of FLAVORs from an
installed port.

Since the previous revision of this port required a flavor, it
will be updated with that same flavor passed as a parameter to
the build process. The build could just ignore the irrelevant
flavor, but that is not what the ports system does ...

In this particular case the removal of QT4 is the cause. The
port used to support flavors "qt4" and "qt5" and to fix this
issue for portmaster, entries in MOVED should exist that make
upgrades use print/hplip without flavor, whether the qt4 or
qt5 version was installed.

I plan to add code to portmaster to verify that a FLAVOR that
is to be used for a port still applies, before starting to
build it.

But it is not obvious to me what to do for all of the cases
that exist:

1) FLAVORS removed from the port -> build without flavors

2) Specific FLAVOR removed from the port -> build with default
   flavor (?)

Anyway, for the time being you'll have to deinstall the port
(use "pkg delete -f hplip" to prevent recursive deletion of
dependent ports) and then re-install it with portmaster (which
will build it without flavor, then.

Another possibility is to remove the "flavor" annotation
registered for this port in the PKGDB, then portmaster will
upgrade the port without providing a FLAVOR to the build ...

I'll see that I fix this problem in portmaster, but it will take
some time ...

Regards, STefan