editors/xed name collision

Charlie Li ml+freebsd at vishwin.info
Tue Apr 9 11:01:49 UTC 2019

The Cinnamon desktop environment now has its own collection of desktop
applications, X-Apps, basically forked from their GNOME and MATE
counterparts. The text editor, forked from editors/gedit (and will be
repocopied from there when committed into our main svn repository), is
named xed. This clearly collides in name with a completely unrelated
editors/xed.

In the gnome@ devel repo, I've placed the Cinnamon/X-Apps xed as
editors/x-ed, with PORTNAME=xed, without adding to INDEX. The existing
editors/xed is not maintained in our ports tree, and it even looks
abandoned upstream (if an upstream even exists still). What do?

--
Charlie Li
…nope, still don't have an exit line.