depends blacklist qa check

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Apr 8 17:55:29 UTC 2019

re: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19562

I understand the purpose of the blacklist is to restrict the use of certain meta ports to end-users only.  That is, the meta-ports in question should not be used as a depends in the FreeBSD ports tree.

For example, do not use lang/python as a depends. Let the user install that install.

With my user hat on, who has a in-house meta-port which includes lang/python2 as a depends, because we want it, and list of other stuff installed.

We can't do that now. Our meta-port is broken and can no longer be used. Is there another way? The list appears hardcoded and no way for the end user to configure.

Thank you.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan at langille.org