category for VPN softwares?

Koichiro Iwao meta at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 2 03:24:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

some VPN softwares are in security category/directory. OTOH, some VPN
softwares are in net category/directory. Which is correct & preferred?
Incoherent categories are a little bit surprising and confusing for me.

I'd like to sort out categories of VPN softwares. Probably we have
following options. What do you think? I'd appreciate any comments or
suggestions.

1. Incoherent categories are OK and leave it as-is
2. Move all VPN softwares to either of net or security
3. Create a new virtual category "vpn" and leave phys categories as-is
4. Create a new virtual category "vpn" and also sort out phys categories
5. Another option

--
meta <meta at FreeBSD.org>