net/ntopng: version jump by an order of magnitude

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 20 07:02:23 UTC 2018

On 9/20/18 5:32 AM, Kubilay Kocak wrote:
> On 20/09/2018 6:40 am, Franco Fichtner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Small question:
>>
>> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/commit/0585180d
>>
>> ... has a typo in the version number which was an ISO date
>> originally.  Are we using this new date format now or is there
>> going to be a PORTEPOCH amendment?

Terribly sorry I did not catch the typo before committing!

> Up to the maintainer ultimately.
>
> To avoid PORTEPOCH, either the typo'd datestamp scheme (0XX for month)
> would need to continue until 3.7, or an alternate scheme created that is
> both meaningful and > than (pkg version -t old new) the current value.
>
> Or fix the typo and add PORTEPOCH.
>
> Personally, I'd go the first option as it's only a minor typo that
> doesn't affect ongoing existing-scheme version updates, and is the more
> transient of the two (PORTEPOCH lives forever, bad scheme only lasts
> till 3.7).

Yes, I think this is what I'll be doing. There seems to be no real harm
in that.

BTW they are skipping odd numbers, so next version is likely to be 3.8.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>