Portmaster rsyslog

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Sep 17 20:51:45 UTC 2018

I am using MariaDB 10.0 on FreeBSD 11.3

When trying to update rsyslogd via postmaster I get:

checking for mysql_config... mysql_config
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: in `/usr/ports/sysutils/rsyslog8/work/rsyslog-8.37.0':
configure: error: MySQL library is missing
See `config.log' for more details
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to matthew at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/sysutils/rsyslog8/work/rsyslog-8.37.0/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/rsyslog8
*** Error code 1

I’ve disabled the MySQL output for now, but this disconnect between MySQL and Maria seems to be happening with a lot of ports.

Is there anything I can do to restore the MySQL output for rsylog?

--
And now, the rest of the story