pkg-plist and stage directory for new port

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 14 15:31:21 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018, the wise Lorenzo Salvadore via freebsd-ports wrote:

> Show us your makefile please.

The Makefile I have so far:

PORTNAME=		pgadmin4
PORTVERSION=		3.3
CATEGORIES=		databases
MASTER_SITES=		PGSQL/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v${PORTVERSION}/source/
DISTNAME=		pgadmin4-${PORTVERSION}

MAINTAINER=		mbeis at xs4all.nl
COMMENT=		PostgreSQL Administration Tool

LICENSE=		PostgreSQL

BUILD_DEPENDS		sphinx-build:textproc/py-sphinx
USES=			pgsql python qmake:outsource qt:5
USE_QT=			core gui network widgets
QMAKE_SOURCE_PATH=	${WRKSRC}/runtime

.include <bsd.port.mk>

> When I created my first port, I remember I had some difficulty to
> understand staging: imho it needs to be explained better in the
> documentation. Are you aware of the variable ${STAGEDIR}? You probably
> need to add to your makefile some lines similar to the followings:
>
> do-install:
>   ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/??/pgAdmin4 ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin

Quite possible that it's something like this. I'll dig into it.

Thanks,

Marco

--
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
 		-- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS