how to enforce one version of python

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 13 19:29:06 UTC 2018

Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> writes:

> Daniel Nebdal writes:
>
>>											The fun
>>  part is the combination of 2-only holdouts and new 3-only code,
>>  which is why it's easy to end up with both installed.
>
> 	_This_ is really annoying.  I try to keep my systems with exactly
> what they need installed, to reduce both bloat and possibly security
> issues.  There's one Perl installation; having two Python versions -
> and trying to keep track between them - makes me use a lot of bad
> language.

Did you know www/firefox requires *both* Python versions to build? ;)

Mk/bsd.gecko.mk:
  USES+=		... python:2.7,build ...

  .if ${MOZILLA_VER:R:R} >= 61
  BUILD_DEPENDS+=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/python${PYTHON3_DEFAULT}:lang/python${PYTHON3_DEFAULT:S/.//g}
  MOZ_EXPORT+=	PYTHON3="${LOCALBASE}/bin/python${PYTHON3_DEFAULT}"
  .endif

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org/msg24187.html