Gnutls depends on unbound. Why?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sat Sep 8 02:18:11 UTC 2018

When trying to update gnutls it wants to install unbound.

I do not want unbound since my server is already running bind.

make config shows nothing at all that implies unbound is required, and the only option that is even close to being related is IDN support which certainly doesn’t require unbound, but disabling this option doesn’t change anything.

 # portmaster --show-work gnutls

===>>> Currently installed version: gnutls-3.5.18
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/security/gnutls

===>>> Starting check for all dependencies
===>>> Gathering dependency list for security/gnutls from ports

===>>> Installed converters/libiconv
===>>> Installed devel/gettext-runtime
===>>> Installed devel/gettext-tools
===>>> Installed devel/gmake
===>>> Installed devel/libunistring
===>>> Installed devel/pkgconf
===>>> NOT INSTALLED            dns/unbound
===>>> Installed math/gmp
===>>> Installed ports-mgmt/pkg
===>>> Installed print/indexinfo
===>>> Installed print/texinfo
===>>> Installed security/ca_root_nss
===>>> Installed security/libtasn1
===>>> Installed security/nettle
===>>> Installed security/p11-kit
===>>> Installed security/trousers

Also, when actually running postmaster gnutls it says it will install unbound AND ldns, and also upgrade p11-kit, none of which are mentioned in —show-work. I thought show work would show ALL the dependancies down the tree (Unbound depends on ldns), don’t know where p11-kit shows up.

Trying to dig further,

# pkg info -Rx gnutls

Shows only the following dependancies (In deps { … }:

    trousers
    p11-kit
    nettle
    libtasn1
    ca_root_nss
    indexinfo
    gmp
    libidn2
    libunistring
    gettext-runtime

Which is a different list than —show-work lists.

So I am quite confused.

--
'Dojo! What is Rule One?' Even the cowering challenger mumbled along to
the chorus: 'Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald