U[dating Bind912 wants ghostscript?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Sep 7 07:46:25 UTC 2018

I went to update my install of Bind9 and it wanted to install a lot o new things, including ghostscript (which I have been careful to keep off my system due to many remotely exploitable vulnerabilities and a lack of need). In fact, there were a lot of new packages it wanted to install which appear to all be depended on doxygen.

Were does this dependency on doxygen come from, and why does that then want to install ghostscript and tex?

===>>> bind912-9.12.1P2 >> (18)

===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
        Upgrade bind912-9.12.1P2 to bind912-9.12.2P1_2
        Upgrade json-c-0.13 to json-c-0.13.1
        Upgrade protobuf-c-1.3.0_1 to protobuf-c-1.3.1
        Install devel/doxygen
        Install print/ghostscript9-agpl-base
        Upgrade poppler-data-0.4.8 to poppler-data-0.4.9
        Install print/tex-dvipsk
        Install devel/tex-web2c
        Upgrade zziplib-0.13.62_2 to zziplib-0.13.69_1
        Install print/texlive-texmf
        Install print/tex-basic-engines
        Install print/texlive-base
        Install devel/t1lib
        Install graphics/poppler
        Upgrade nspr-4.19 to nspr-4.20
        Upgrade nss-3.38 to nss-3.39
        Install print/harfbuzz-icu
        Install print/tex-formats
        Upgrade protobuf-3.5.2,1 to protobuf-3.5.2_1,1

I looked in the make config for bin912 and didn't see anything that implied doxygen was needed,

I went ahead and did postmaster -i bind912 and said no to Doxygen which meant the only things updated were bind, json, protobuff-c and protobuff. which is much more in line with what I was expecting.

However, during the compile process, doxygen, ghostscript, and the various tex packages were installed anyway.

What has changed in the build instructions for bind912?

--
For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.