on current, pkg install openssl kills pkg

Nathan Owens ndowens at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 10:26:57 UTC 2018

 What I had to do was uninstall and install pkg from ports to fix my issue
    On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 5:51:28 PM CDT, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:

 David Wolfskill mailed:
> That's probably a good point at which to use pkg-static (instead of
> pkg)..

Ah Yes, I forgot that existed, thanks David.
I tried it & it rescued pkg:

    pkg install openssl
    Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
    Edit /usr/local/openssl/openssl.cnf to fit your needs.

    pkg
    ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.9: version OPENSSL_1_1_0 required by /usr/lib/libarchive.so.7 not defined

    pkg-static delete openssl
    [1/1] Deleting files for openssl-1.0.2p_1,1: 100%

    pkg
    pkg: not enough arguments    # ie working again.

Hopefully brnrd at FreeBSD.org can look at openssl.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich
 Brexit: 3,700,000 stolen votes in 1st referendum inc. 700,000 from Brits in EU