pkg-static: xorgproto-2018.4 conflicts with glproto-1.4.17

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Sun Oct 7 16:50:16 UTC 2018

In trying to get a usable web browser running on a Raspberry Pi 2 running
11.2-STABLE #3 r339214 I keep running into conflicts between ports trying
to put files in the same place. In this particular case, the make command was

root at www:/usr/ports/graphics/gdk-pixbuf # make -DBATCH DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes

with an overall goal of compiling www/epiphany, or any graphical browser that works.
Xfce4 managed to compile and work, but it didn't build a browser.

What's the customary way to resolve conflicts of this type? It would be
OK to break older ports if necessary; I just want to get a web browser
that runs and don't need a desktop environment. TWM is enough for my purposes.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska