Maia Mailgaurd

Janky Jay, III jankyj at unfs.us
Mon Nov 26 20:12:05 UTC 2018

Hello Gary,

On 11/25/18 6:13 AM, Gary J. Hayers wrote:
> Hi Janky Jay,
>
> Can I ask if you there are any plans to patch Maia so it can run on php70+?
>
> Many thanks for the great port.

	At the moment, there are a lot of changes happening to the Maia code
(more changes for Perl as well as support for PHP7.X. I've tried testing
a few of the latest versions but they're not quite ready yet. As soon as
they are, I will be updating the port for these versions.

	My biggest fear right now is that if I patch the port that currently
exists to work with PHP7, I'm unsure it would be compatible with PHP5
users. I don't want to break anything for anyone so I haven't done this
yet. I'll likely need testers to verify all this before I consider
changing the current port.

	That being said, with just a few minor changes, I have been able to get
Maia to work with PHP 7.2 without any issues (that I've seen, anyway).
If you're interested in that, I can provide those changes/patches if
you'd like to upgrade to PHP7 before the upstream code is ready.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III