ssl=base

Franco Fichtner franco at lastsummer.de
Sun Nov 25 11:57:37 UTC 2018

> On 25. Nov 2018, at 12:51 PM, Eugene Grosbein <eugen at grosbein.net> wrote:
>
> Why can't you use LibreSSL port for some ports and base libssl for other ports?
> That is, net/mpd5 links with base system libfetch that depends on base libssl,
> so it is example of port that cannot be built with LibreSSL.

FWIW, since 2015 we've had no build or operational issue with mpd5 for LibreSSL
from ports.

If the issue is mixed linkling between base and ports, it's not that LibreSSL
fails but rather any combination of base and ports, on FreeBSD 12 even between
1.1.1 and 1.0.2.  On 11 that wasn't really an issue because base OpenSSL and
ports OpenSSL were the same so I can understand where the the idea of "breakage"
for LibreSSL specifically comes from.

Cheers,
Franco