Resolving ports conflicts for ImageMagick6

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:57:16 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 1:14 PM bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 07:49:41PM +0100, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> > ## bob prohaska (fbsd at www.zefox.net):
> >
> > > Installing ImageMagick6-6.9.10.14,1...
> > > pkg-static: ImageMagick6-6.9.10.14,1 conflicts with
> ImageMagick-6.9.9.28_2,1 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic
> file: /usr/local/bin/Magick++-config
> > > *** Error code 70
> >
> > Make sure your installed packages are up-to-date with your ports tree.
> > Using old packages with a new ports tree (or vice versa) results in...
> this.
>
> I neglected to mention this in on an RPI3, so packages aren't available.
>
> It never crossed my mind that pkg could be used to remove a port compiled
> from source. I tried "make deinstall", but by then the old ImageMagick
> port had morphed into ImageMagick6  and deinstall didn't work.
>
> bob prohaska

While Warren's procedure clearly works, I believe the recommended procedure
when a port is renamed is:
# pkg set -o graphics/ImageMagick:graphics/ImageMagick6
# portmaster ImageMagick6
or
# portmaster -o graphics/ImageMagick6 ImageMagick

The '-o', in either case, builds the new port and updates all ports that
depend on it with the replacement without trying to rebuild them.  Of
course, all of this working requires an up to date ports tree.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com