Poudriere building far more ports than it should

Alexandre C. Guimarães rigoletto at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 14 19:26:34 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 08:57:59PM +0200, Reko Turja via freebsd-ports wrote:
> Hello!
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Dmytro Bilokha
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 03:33:38AM +0200, reko.turja--- via freebsd-ports
> wrote:
>
> > > I finally took the hurdle and made a poudriere VM for building my ports
> > > instead of building them on target system. At first I did however build
> > > every single port I will need on the VM resulting on 240 or so ports.
> > >
> > > Then I copied over my options, and the list of installed ports  etc. and
> > > started the build. For some reason poudriere wants to build a ton of
> > > extra
> > > baggage (360+ ports instead of 240.)
>

> > Hello, Reko!
>
> > Poudriere builds different kinds of ports:
>
> > 1. Ports from your list.
> > 2. Run-time dependencies of ports from your list. 3. Build-time
> > dependecies of ports from your list.
> < 4. Run-time and build-time dependencies of your ports dependencies, as
> well
>
> That all I know - Ive been using ports and only ports since early 2000's. So
> the problem is that I made a dry run from ports, linking only to stuff that
> I wanted on the final package receiver. Then I copied the list of ports over
> to poudriere using portversion -oQ. When I started the run, there was
> suddenly every single dependency I previously dropped brought in. (I know
> about automake, autoconf and similar build dependencies.)
>
> I guess one option would be blacklisting in poudriere those unneeded
> dependencies which shouldn't be linked with my packages, if my options are
> honoured by poudriere.

Do you mean the OPTIONS you previously set were not honoured by poudriere?

Just in case, poudriere does not `read` OPTIONS and/or other things like
make.conf from the default location but from /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/*

Cheers!