FreeBSD Port: firefox-63.0.1,1 multiple errors build

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 11 15:19:59 UTC 2018

Am 01.11.18 um 17:43 schrieb Mathieu Arnold:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 08:54:16AM +0100, Stefan Esser wrote:
>> Am 01.11.18 um 03:38 schrieb Jonathan Chen:
>>> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 15:35, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
>>> <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> For reliable port builds, you need use port builders that use clean
>>> environments; ie poudriere or synth
>>
>> True, but we used to make ports build with a previous version installed,
>> whenever possible. The problems are generally caused by the build process
>> picking up include files or libraries from LOCALBASE instead of from the
>> port's source directory.
>>
>> I'd expect a port maintainer to check for easy fixes to such build problems.
>>
>> Maybe we should add a port variable that is true if a port conflicts with
>> earlier versions of itself. That would indicate to port build tools like
>> portmaster or portupgrade that the old version should be deleted before
>> starting the build of the new version (and to re-install the old version
>> if the build of the new one fails).
>>
>> E.g.:
>>
>> CONFLICTS_WITH_ITSELF=	yes
>
> You can already set
>
> CONFLICT_BUILD=	firefox-62.*

Besides overloading the CONFLICTS* variables with just another meaning,
this does not work at all.

You obviously have not tested this suggestion before posting!

The output of "make check-depends" is explicitly filtered to omit matches
that belong to the same origin as the port being built.

And BTW: Another problem with flavors: The check for same origin does also
suppress entries for conflicting packages built from that origin but with
a different flavor (even if the FLAVOR is also reflected in the package
name, e.g. by a prefix).

STefan