ports -r484565 : qemu-arm-static fails with: (start < end), function page_set_flags, file . . . accel/tcg/translate-all.c, line 2077

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 16:26:07 UTC 2018

On 2018-Nov-10, at 06:45, Sean Bruno <sbruno at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 11/10/18 7:04 AM, Mark Millard wrote:
>> I did not have this problem at all when based on -r480180 .
>

> Ok.  We'll take a quick look.

Reverting qemu-sbruno to -r438807 still gets the assert.

May be the updated pkg touches a bug that was present before?

I'll try reverting to -r478711 (which would be back to what -r480180 had
for qemu-sbruno but still -r484565 based pkg).

For reference:

I'll note that I've tried both without and with the patch in the
below and it made no difference to the problem:

https://github.com/MikaelUrankar/qemu-bsd-user/commit/d6f65a7f07d280b6906d499d8e465d4d2026c52b <https://github.com/MikaelUrankar/qemu-bsd-user/commit/d6f65a7f07d280b6906d499d8e465d4d2026c52b>

(I checked that the patch makes the field offsets involved match
for the amd64 running armv7 code context and that the the code
structure depends on the offsets matching.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net <http://dsl-only.net/> went