Aw: Re: sed dollar sign substitution in Makefile

Oliver Mahmoudi o.mahmoudi at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 20:46:52 UTC 2018

Hey Franco,

Yeah, that really cuts it. I knew, it wouldn't be anything all too difficult, just couldn't find the right substitution...

Thanks!

Oliver

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. November 2018 um 04:22 Uhr
Von: "Franco Fichtner" <franco at lastsummer.de>
An: "Oliver Mahmoudi" <o.mahmoudi at gmx.de>
Cc: "Douglas Thrift via freebsd-ports" <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org>
Betreff: Re: sed dollar sign substitution in Makefile
Hi, > On 6. Nov 2018, at 9:12 PM, Oliver Mahmoudi wrote: > > Therefore, in Makefile I set: ${REINPLACE_CMD} 's|print $1|print $4|g' file_to_be_changed In make commands you need to escape $ as $$ to be able to pass it to the shell. Cheers, Franco