Ports with many licenses

Lorenzo Salvadore phascolarctos at protonmail.ch
Mon Nov 5 23:58:28 UTC 2018

Hello!

I am working on creating and adopting some ports and I see that a
it is very frequent that distfiles have multiple licenses with the following
scheme: the project has one main license (declared in a COPYING or
LICENSE file for example) but also many files with their own licenses
(a frequent case is with files related to the GNU tools, for examples
Makefile.in).

Then I wondered what should I really write in the LICENSE field: should I
take care only of the main license or should I track all licenses of all files?
This second case looks very impractical: it would often (always?) require
to inspect all files one by one.

Thanks.

Lorenzo Salvadore.