FreeBSD Port: firefox-63.0.1,1 multiple errors build

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Thu Nov 1 01:16:46 UTC 2018

On 10/31/18 6:42 PM, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> Yuri Pankov wrote:
>> Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
>>> On 10/31/18 1:12 PM, Alex V. Petrov wrote:
>>> [lots of build errors snipped]
>>>
>>> I found that when I downgraded rust-cbindgen to 0.6.6_1 that this fixed
>>> the build problems.  So I suspect it is version 0.6.7 of rust-cbindgen
>>> that is causing the build errors.
>>
>> Fails for me even with 0.6.6_1.
>
> And it built with rust-cbindgen-0.6.7, so I'm now wondering if it's not
> about the version, and has something to do with the fact that 0.6.6_1
> was installed using pkg, and update to 0.6.7 was done using ports.

I tried it again, this time building rust-cbindgen directly from ports
after a "pkg delete", rather than using portupgrade.  Then the build of
firefox worked.

I only started using portupgrade recently.  I find it rather unreliable.
 I think the problem is that some ports need to be deleted before they
can be built successfully.