www/firefox-i18n: Install problems on 12.0-CURRENT

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 17 11:21:50 UTC 2018

Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> writes:

> For some time now (Firefox 60.x beta versions and on), I get the
> following error, if I try to install www/firefox-i18n on 12.0-CURRENT
> amd64:

Can you reproduce with firefox binary built by FreeBSD package cluster?

$ pkg delete -f firefox
$ pkg install firefox
$ make install -C/usr/ports/www/firefox-i18n

> #make
> make: "/usr/ports/Mk/Uses/gecko.mk" line 48: warning:
> "/usr/local/bin/firefox --version 2>/dev/null" returned non-zero
> status

Probably because "firefox --version" crashes. It would be surprising
if firefox works fine otherwise.

> ===>  firefox-i18n-60.0.1 cannot install: firefox versions mismatch:
> firefox-
> is installed and wanted version is firefox-60.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/firefox-i18n
>

> This happens on three boxes. Any hints are really appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Try to get a backtrace. If you didn't disable DTRACE or PROFILE the
package should have non-debug symbols. Alternatively, build firefox
itself and all its library dependencies with debug symbols e.g.,

$ env CFLAGS=-g make clean all install STRIP= WITHOUT=OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS -C /usr/ports/www/firefox
$ env CFLAGS=-g make clean all install STRIP= -C /usr/ports/devel/icu