DoveCot 2.3

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 29 12:20:21 UTC 2018

On Mar 28 18 21:29, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>>On 7 Mar, 2018, at 15:18, Dewayne Geraghty
>><dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>Thanks Adam, its very reassuring to know that you'll "dogfood" the
>>update prior to releasing to FreeBSD ports users.  This is one of
>>those high impact updates that need it - like sendmail, samba,
>>heimdal, squid, nginx, apache ...  ;)
>>
>>Kind regards, Dewayne
>>
>>PS dogfood is a peculiar term where, typically a supplier, uses what
>>they provide to others.  As an example: I first came across the term
>>when HP Management wanted to demonstrate to their external customers
>>that they use the same services internally as supplied externally.
>>(I could write a short-story…)
>>
>Dewayne and The,
>
>The dovecot and pigeonhole ports for 2.3.1 and 0.5.1 are ready to go.
>Larry and I have been dogfooding them, and all the bugs I encountered
>in 2.3.0 seem to be fixed now.
>
>I’m waiting for the next quarterly branch (4 days) and then the ports
>will be committed. If you’d like to use them before then, you can grab
>them at https://people.freebsd.org/~adamw/dovecot-2.3.1.tar.gz
>
>If you encounter any problems, please do let us know!
>
>There’s a pkg-message and there’ll be an UPDATING entry, but it bears
>repeating here too: read https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.3
><https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.3> for some of the potentially
>breaking changes. Merge the changes from the 2.3 conf files
>carefully---Dovecot 2.3 will most likely fail to start with unmodified
>2.2 conf files. I copied the 2.3 conf files anew and recreated my
>setup, and you might consider doing the same thing.

Thanks Adam! I am running 2.3.1/0.5.1 now. Upgrade was smoot - in my
simple setup it amounted to this:

-ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3
-ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2:!EXP:!aNULL
+ssl_dh   = </usr/local/etc/dovecot/dh.pem

So far so good - IMAP and ManageSieve both work fine!

Thanks!

--
Pietro Cerutti